The largest state in the north eastern part of India, Arunachal Pradesh will surprise you. Mesmerising vistas of the Himalayas, unique and unexplored tribal culture, mind boggling diversity (tribes change after every 20-25 kms and their languages, traditions etc. change too!) and stunning remoteness – this is what the state is!
This itinerary offers you the best of the west Arunachal Pradesh circuit, Bomdila, Dirang and Tawang.
TRAVEL PLANDay 1: Guwahati to Bhalukpong (6-7 hrs; 240 kms)
Pick up from Guwahati airport, and drive to Bhalukpong. Explore the banks of the Kameng river, where hotel is located.Day 2: Bhalukpong to Bomdila (4-5 hrs; 100 kms)
After breakfast, drive to Bomdila. On the way, we’ll stopover at waterfalls and enjoy scenic beauty and visit Nag Mandir.
After arrival, check into hotel and leave to explore Bomdila local market and Monastery.Day 3: Bomdila to Dirang (1 hr; 45 kms)
After breakfast, drive to Dirang.
On arrival, check in at the hotel and walk around the 9th century village, Dirang Dzong village. In the afternoon, visit TDL Monastery.Day 4: Dirang to Tawang (6-7 hrs; 140 kms)
After breakfast, drive to Tawang. On the way, stop over at Sela Pass (13700 ft), War Memorial and Nuranang waterfalls.
Check into hotel upon arrival. Rest of the evening at leisure.Day 5: Tawang
After breakfast, embark upon full day sightseeing of Tawang. Visit Tawang Monastery, Buddha statue, Nunnery, 6th Dalia Monastery, Craft centre & Emporium and Tawang market.
In the evening, go to Shyo village for a cultural programme where the locals will present their traditional dances.Day 6: Tawang
After an early breakfast, drive to Bumla pass, Sungetser lake, and Ptso lake. This will be a long day of activities.
Day 7: Tawang to Dirang (6 hrs; 140 kms) Tawang to Dirang (6 hrs; 140 kms)
After breakfast, set off on the return leg of trip and drive to Dirang. On the way, visit 14th century Chaksam bridge and drive to Sangti Valley (known for its Kiwi orchards).Day 8: Dirang to Guwahati (8-10 hrs; 500 kms) via Mandala top & Shergoan
After breakfast, drive to Guwahati, via Mandala top, enjoy the scenic beauty and 108 stupas.
And then drive to Guwahati via shergoan village.Day 9: Departure Day
After breakfast, leave for Guwahati airport as per flight schedule.
– 2 Rooms on twin sharing basis
– English Speaking Guide (if applicable)
– Driver charges, parking, toll etc.
– Cultural Programme in Shyo Village, Tawang
– Bumla Permit
– All Breakfasts (day 02 onwards)
– One SUV (Innova/Xylo) for all transfers
– One Bonfire in Dirang
– Inner Line Permits
– Bank transfer charges for Indian travellers
– Lunches & Dinners
– Snacks, Beverages and other eatables
– Bank transfer charges for foreign travellers
– Activities other than mentioned
– Shopping, laundry & personal expenses
– Anything not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
1. Bhalukpong: Prashaanti Cottages; cottage
2. Bomdila: Tsepal Yangjom; base category room
3. Dirang: Dirang Boutique Cottages; cottage
4. Tawang: Hotel Yangzom; deluxe room
5. Guwahati: The Guwahati Address/Similar: deluxe room
Continental Plan – Only Breakfasts
1. All hotels will provide basic services only. Room service may not be available in most .
2. Wi-if may or may not be available subject to weather conditions.
3. Lunches will be on the go. Dinners will be in-house where mentioned due to paucity of other eateries in the region. Cost of a meal will be Rs. 350 for non veg and Rs. 300 for veg, per head, approximately .
4. The car will only be available for the activities mentioned.
6. It is possible to do birding on Sela Pass. Should this interest you, we will include it in the itinerary and send a revised cost as well.
7. We will need copies of Aadhar Card to process your ILP (Inner Line Permit).
8. Costs quoted valid for Indian Citizens only.
9. The itinerary can be customised to include a day or two at Kaziranga National Park in Assam, but you’d then have to spare a few more days.
10. This itinerary involves a lot of road travel, which is inevitable given the topography of the region. Attempts to hurry the pace of travel will result in a very hectic trip.