Nag Tibba lies on the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayas, North-East of Mussoorie. The peak is at an altitude of 3100 m. It offers spectacular views of Mussoorie, Vikasnagar, the Banderpoonch range and spurs created by the Yamuna river valley. Nag Tibba is a typical ridge peak on the Nag Tibba Range of the lower Himalayas. In fact, along with the Pir Punjal and Dhauladhar, the Nag Tibba range forms one of the 3 main ranges of the lower Himalayas. It is mentioned in the very famous book ‘7 years in Tibet’ which chronicles the escape of Austrian climber Hienrich Harrer from the British jail into Tibet.
Day 1: 95 km drive – Dehradun to Pantwari; 6 km trek to Kathian campsite
Day 2: 14 km trek – Kathian to Nag Tibba top to Pantwari; Drive to Dehradun
Maximum Altitude: 3,020 meters
Temperatures: 25° Max/ 10° Min – Summers
18° Max/ -5° Min – Winters
This is a very easy trek and even children as young as 8 years can undertake it!
– Transport support from and to Dehradun: starting from pickup on day 1 to drop on day 2
– Guide and cook fees
– Rent for camping equipment
– Forest entry charges
– Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment. Please note that personal luggage can be carried by mules and/or porters on chargeable basis
– All veg meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 2 Lunch
– Tented accommodation throughout the trek
– Airfare/train tickets/road transport cost to reach Dehradun
– Walking stick, water bottles etc.
– Meals other than mentioned
– Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls etc.
– Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above
– Accommodation in Dehradun
– Anything else not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
– Personal luggage with mass not exceeding 12 kg per bag per person can be carried by porters/mules @ Rs 300 per day per bag
1. This trek is ideal for those residing in Delhi and NCR as a weekend trip or a long weekend trip
2. This trek can be undertaken as part of an Uttarakhand Holiday (Haridwar, Rishikesh, Mussoorie etc.)
3. Please write to us if you wish to explore other Uttarakhand treks
4. On this trek, you will be part of a group. If you want a customised trek, please write to us