The State is known for its verdant hills, floating clouds and numerous waterfalls. Cherrapunjee located in Meghalaya was the “Wettest Place on Earth” for a long time. The current Wettest Place is also in Meghalaya.
Shillong, Meghalaya’s capital city is known for it’s music scene, cafes and a chilled out vibe.
Tourism in Meghalaya has seen an upswing recently and visitors can experience adventure activities like caving, hiking, paddling and more!
This itinerary can be customised to include a day at Guwahati or to transfer you directly from Cherrapunjee to Guwahati on Day 06.
TRAVEL PLANDay 1: Guwahati Airport – Shillong
(Distance: 130 kms. / Driving Time: 3.00 hrs. / Altitude of Shillong: 1,525 mts)
– On arrival at Guwahati Airport, you will be transferred to Shillong, also known as “Scotland of East”.
Our Services Begin with Pick up at Airport
– On the way visit Umium Lake. On arrival at Shillong check in at the Hotel. Rest of the day free for leisure.
– Dinner in-house. Overnight at the hotel in ShillongDay 2: Shillong – Local Sightseeing
– After breakfast you would visit Ward’s Lake (Tuesday Closed), Lady Hydari Park, Don Bosco Museum (Sunday Closed), Botanical Garden, Cathedral Church known as Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians, Laitlum Canyons literarily meaning “End of Hills”.
– You can spend some time exploring the cafes in Shillong as well.
– Dinner in-house. Overnight at the hotel in Shillong.Day 3: Excursion to Mawlynnong & Dawki
(Distance: Shillong to Mawlynong – 90 kms. / Driving Time: 3.00 hrs.)
(Distance: Mawlynong to Dawki – 45 kms. / Driving Time: 1.45 hrs.)
(Distance: Dawki to Shillong – 95 kms. / Driving Time: 3.30 hrs.)
– After an early breakfast you would be driven to Mawlynnong famous as “Asia’s Cleanest Village”. It offers many interesting sights such as the living root bridge and another strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another small rock. Later you would be driven to Dawki, a small town near India Bangladesh border. From here enjoy breathtaking view of the Umangot River with its crystal clear waters. Evening you would be driven back to Shillong.
– Dinner in-house. Overnight at the hotel in Shillong.Day 4: Shillong – Cherrapunjee
(Distance: 70 kms. / Driving Time: 2.15 hrs. / Altitude of Cherrepunjee: 1,430 mts)
– After breakfast, check from the out and get transferred to Cherrapunjee, one of the wettest place in the world. On the way enjoy Mawkdok Valley, Nohkalikai falls, Dainthelen Falls and Ramkrishna Mission (drive pass). On arrival at Cherrapunjee, check in at your hotel.
– Dinner in-house. Overnight stay at the hotel in Cherrapunjee.Day 5: Cherrapunjee Sightseeing
– After breakfast visit Nohsngithiang Falls (Seven Sisters falls), Mawsmai limestone Cavea, Koh Ram Hah and Ecopark. Evening at leisure.
– The half day trek to Double Decker Living Root Bridge (Sunday Closed) deep inside the jungle which takes around 3 to 4 hrs (depending on the physical fitness of the person) has not been included since you are travelling with a child.
– Dinner in-house. Overnight stay at the hotel in Cherrapunjee.Day 6: Cherrapunjee – Guwahati
(Distance: 170 kms. / Driving Time: 5.30 hrs.)
– After breakfast and checking out of the hotel you would be driven to Guwahati. On arrival in Guwahati check in at the hotel. In the evening enjoy sunset river cruise over the Brahmaputra on direct payment basis.
– Dinner in-house. Overnight at the hotel in Guwahati.Day 7: Hotel – Guwahati Airport
– After breakfast you would visit the famous Kamakhya Temple. Later you would be transferred to Airport for your return journey.
Our Services End
– All transfers and sightseeing by 01 Sedan (Dzire/equivalent)
– Accommodation in 1 room in all properties mentioned below
– Breakfasts and Dinners
– Sightseeing activities as mentioned (Entry fees to be paid by the guest)
– Driver allowance, parking fees/toll, fuel cost etc.
– Adventure activities
– Shopping, laundry and personal expenses
– Camera fees
– River Cruise
– Tips and gratuities
– Snacks and beverages
– Entry fees to monuments, sights etc.
– Adventure activities
– Anything else not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
WOMEN ONLY HOLIDAYS