We are happy to bring to you another edition of our signature trip to Bhutan in 2020. It is a fixed date departure (27 March – 05 April). During the trip we will explore Bhutan together with others who are as keenly interested as us to find out what makes Bhutan the happiest place in the world!
We will have a host of experiences, see all the sights, stay with a Bhutanese family, undertake mild hikes and trails, have a picnic lunch by a river, experiment with local food and drinks etc. and generally have a lot of fun!
The trip includes tours to Thimphu, Punakha, Paro, Haa and Phobjika valley.
TRAVEL PLANDay 1:
– Arrival at Paro.
– Transfer to Thimphu.
– Sightseeing.Day 2:
– Mild hike to a monastery.
– Picnic lunch followed by cultural programme.Day 3:
– Transfer to Punakha followed by sightseeing.Day 4:
– Mild hike in Punakha.
– River rafting possible based on popular demand.Day 5:
– To Phobjika for Gangtey Trail and Monastery.
– Overnight at Gangtey.Day 6:
– Gangtey to Thimphu.
– Overnight at ThimphuDay 7:
– Thimphu to Haa valley via Chele-la pass.
– Stay in Haa in homestay.Day 8:
– Sightseeing at Haa and leave for Paro.Day 9:
– Taktsang/Tiger’s Nest climb.
– Visit the Paro festival.
– Evening free for hot stone bath, shopping etc.Day 9:
– Rs. 27,500*/- per head for 6 adults in one car
– Rs. 30,500*/- per head for 4 adults in one car
(*5% GST Extra)
1. We believe in mixed groups and men & women from all walks of life are welcome to join. Our group size doesn’t exceed 15.
2. We do recommend a certain level of fitness in our guests due to the altitude of the country and the few climbs we would undertake.
In addition to an English speaking guide, the group is led by Trip Leader, Ritu. She is the founder of our company and an avid traveller. She will offer you diverse and deep perspectives on Bhutan, a country she has been visiting since 2012. She also keeps the group together as a cohesive unit while looking after individual needs (even whims, sometimes).
1. All Stay (on twin sharing basis)
3. All meals
5. All entry fees to monuments, museums
7. English speaking Guide remuneration
2. All travel inside Bhutan
4. All sightseeing
6. Driver, car, parking etc.
1. River rafting
3. Beverages, shopping, expenses of a personal nature, laundry etc.
2. Sightseeing other than mentioned
4. Any tickets (train or flights) till Bhutan. So the trip hosted by us essentially begins from Bhutan
We lodge our guests in 3 star category hotels on twin sharing basis. They will have heating, hot water and provision for extra blankets. Wi-fi may or may not be available given weather conditions.
All breakfasts will be buffet style. Lunches will be on the go and dinners will be in-house.
We will travel by an 18 seater Coaster Bus/10 seater Hiace (depends on group size) through the country. Since it is a mountain country, travelling time between two districts is quite high and we will cover only about 25-30 kms per hour.
1. Normal check in at hotels is at 1:00 PM and checkout at 11:00 AM. Early check-ins and late checkouts are subject to availability
2. A Guide in Kochi will charge Rs. 2000 per day and can be arranged with prior intimation
3. The houseboat in Alleppey will serve Kerala cuisine though requests for rotis/chapatis can be made. Special veg fare can be made available
4. The driver of your vehicle will speak English and Hindi and will be friendly and helpful
5. The driver will be available from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM only
6. All breakfasts will be buffets, lunches will be on the go and dinners in some places will be in-house
We are not responsible if you don’t get the tickets or unable to do the sightseeing
8. In case of any political hartal/bandh/vehicle breakdown, we request your cooperation
9. Any costs arising due to reasons beyond our control has to be borne by guest directly
10. When you come after checking out from Alleppey to Mararikulam, rooms might not be ready in the resort as the check in time is 1:00 pm. While we will try our best for an early check-in, we request guest co-operation if they need to wait
11. Cruising time of the houseboat will be approximately from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM and the next day from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. From 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM, the boat will anchor for the night
12. Usually houseboats run the air conditioner of the houseboat 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM but we give you a houseboat with 24 hours air conditioning
13. Sleeveless and shorts are not allowed inside the Synagogue
14. These costs are not valid from 20 December – 15 January
6. For your safety, driver and hotel staff are all vaccinated