Kerala, God’s Own Country, is a paradise located in the southernmost tip of India. Known for its breath-taking natural beauty and ancient history, Kerala is where you can find beaches, hill stations, lakes, waterfalls etc. in one State.
180 Degrees is well packaged holiday that will showcase all that you must see and do in Kerala in 8 days! (We have a 360 Degrees Kerala holiday too!)
We are delighted to share the following itinerary with you, which is fully customisable and can be tweaked further to meet your needs. We have deliberately covered the most popular circuit of Kerala for this trip to give you the best experience possible starting from the hills of Munnar, to the houseboat experience and the splendid beach in Mararikulam.
Should you wish to cover a couple of the ancient temples in Kerala, we’d need to change this itinerary and add a few more days.
We have calculated the costs based on 4 guests in one car. Should you need a cost for a family with children or larger groups, we will be happy to rework the same and share with you.
– Arrive at Kochi International Airport.
Our Services Begin
– Our cab will pick you and transfer you straight to Munnar, 4 hours away. One of the most popular hill stations in India, Munnar is home to sprawling tea plantations, picture book towns, winding lanes, trekking and holiday facilities.
– Check into hotel. Evening at leisure.
– Overnight at hotel.
– After breakfast, the group will undertake full day sightseeing in Munnar which will include Rajamalai (Eravikulam National Park), where you can see nilgiri thar, its an rare species of mountain goat only found in western ghats).
– Come back to Munnar town for lunch and after lunch visit Madupatty Dam (for boating), Echo point, Kundale Lake (for boating).
– A bonfire for the group will be arranged this evening.
– After breakfast, head to Thekkady. Drive will take 4 hours (110 kms approximately). Thekkady is the location of the Periyar National Park.
– After check in at the resort, visit the famous Periyar Lake (its boating cum sightseeing of wild life from boat).
– Overnight at hotel
– After breakfast, drive to Alleppey (4 hrs drive).
– The Ricebarge – a converted cargo boat – will collect you from the jetty for a lazy journey through the meandering backwaters as you watch local life going on by the banks. In the evening the boat will anchor safely for the night. This experience is heavenly for those who enjoy eating seafood as the boat will stop to pick the fresh catch of the day.
– All meals will be served onboard (lunch, dinner and breakfast).
– Overnight at Ricebarge.
– After breakfast, drive to Mararikulam (approx 15 kms; 45 min). The houseboat will drop guests off at the jetty by 9:00 AM.
– Check into your beach resort. Rest of the day is free for leisure and relaxation at the beach.
– Overnight at resort.
– Today you begin the last leg of your journey. We transfer you to Kochi, or Cochin (1 hour drive) – one of the oldest port cities of India that has a very rich cultural past and cosmopolitan association. Also known as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’, Cochin is believed to be the finest natural harbour in the world.
– You may check into your hotel and leave for a short tour of the satellite town of Kochi (Cochin) in the afternoon, which comprises visits to the Dutch Palace, St. Francis Church and the Santa Cruz Basilica. See the Chinese fishing nets, which dot the harbour as you drive along the coastline.
– The oldest Synagogue in India, Paradesi is a must visit. Located in Jew Town, once the spice hub of the country, the area has old buildings, new cafes and a beautiful buzz. It is also a good place to pick up quality cardamom, black pepper, dry ginger, clove and cinnamon.
– Please note that skirts, shorts and sleeveless cannot be worn into the Synagogue.
– Since we host you in a hotel close to the tourist hub, you can enjoy the evening exploring the cafes, art galleries and eateries in Fort Kochi.
– Overnight at hotel.
– Leave for Kochi airport after breakfast, based on flight schedule, with cherished memories of a wonderful trip.
Our Services End
– All accommodation in 1 double room for 2 in hotels listed below
– Air conditioned Innova for all internal travel
– Only breakfasts
– Toll charges, parking, driver’s allowances etc.
– All meals on houseboat (lunch, evening snack, dinner & breakfast)
– Air fare / Train fare
– Travel / Medical Insurance
– Lunches and Dinners
– Any other item not specified in “Inclusions”
– Guide, any up-gradation charges, charges for early check-in/late check out
– Entry fees to parks, monuments, museums, boating charges etc.
– Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone bills, bar / beverage bills, tips & gratuity, bottled water, porterage, meals apart from those mentioned above
– Kochi – Tower House by Neemrana
– Munnar – Amber Dale
– Alleppey – Premium houseboat
– Thekkady – Cardamom County Resort
– Mararikulam – Marari Villas/Similar
1. Normal check in at hotels is at 2:00 PM and checkout at 11:00 AM. Early check-ins and late checkouts are subject to availability
2. A Guide in Kochi will charge Rs. 2000 per day and can be arranged with prior intimation
3. The houseboat in Alleppey will serve Kerala cuisine though requests for rotis/chapatis can be made. Special veg fare can be made available
4. The driver of your vehicle will speak English and Hindi and will be friendly and helpful
5. The driver will be available from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM only
6. All breakfasts will be buffets, lunches will be on the go and dinners in some places will be in-house
7. We are not responsible if you don’t get the tickets or unable to do the sightseeing
8. In case of any political hartal/bandh/vehicle breakdown, we request your cooperation
9. Any costs arising due to reasons beyond our control has to be borne by guest directly
10. When you come after checking out from Alleppey to Mararikulam, rooms might not be ready in the resort as the check in time is 2:00 pm. While we will try our best for an early check-in, we request guest co-operation if they need to wait
11. Cruising time of the houseboat will be approximately from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM and the next day from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. From 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM, the boat will anchor for the night
12. Usually houseboats run the air conditioner of the houseboat 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM but we give you a houseboat with 24 hours air conditioning
13. Sleeveless and shorts are not allowed inside the Synagogue
14. These costs are not valid from 30 September 2022
6. For your safety, driver and hotel staff are all vaccinated
1. Sightseeing in Kochi is open till 5:00 PM except on Friday and Saturday; tickets are to be purchased from the counter
3. Sightseeing in Munnar open till 5:00 PM so guests need to reach well in advance as tickets are issued on first come first basis. Group can also buy tickets for Ervikulam National Park 48 hrs prior to travel date at https://www.eravikulamnationalpark.in/
2. Tea museum in Munnar is open till 3:45 PM so guests need to reach well in advance to get the tickets; tickets are issued on first come first served basis
4. In Thekkady, the last boat leaves at 3:15 PM so guests need to reach well in advance to go for boating; tickets are issued on first come first served basis. Group can also buy tickets in advance at https://www.periyartigerreserve.org/